SUPER SAM 125
SUPER SAM 125 (Sound Abatement Mat) System, membrane and primer, provides three functions. It is a sound reduction membrane, a crack suppression membrane and a waterproof membrane when used with an approved sealant, all in one easy-to-use roll. Recommended for light commercial and residential projects.
HOW IT WORKS:
The Super SAM 125 System is a 125 mil, self-adhering, sound deadening sheet membrane for use over 6" or 8" concrete slabs without a sound rated ceiling assembly. It is chemically formulated to reduce airborne (STC) and impact (IIC) sound transmission when used under stone, ceramic and porcelain tile, wood and commercial grade vinyl tile. The Super SAM System is composed of modified elastomers, sound deadening resins and reinforced woven fibers. Super SAM self-adhering composition produces a quick and economical installation over 6" and 8" concrete slabs without sound rated ceiling assemblies.
SUPER SAM 125 FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Provides sound abatement over 6” and 8” concrete slabs
• Protects against reflective cracking and delamination
• Reduces live and dead load failures
• Safely covers asbestos flooring and provides an effective barrier against radon and mold; resists Moisture Vapor Transmission (MVT)
• Eliminates need to cut tile to meet control/cold joints
• No need to remove old floors or recess new ones
• Can be used for medium applications
• Self-bonding and self-healing formula
• Tile can be installed the same day as membrane
• Works with radiant-heated floors and tile warming systems